Pegasus Financial Consultancy is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Pegasus Financial Consultancy in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
• Pegasus Financial Consultancy
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to Life, Pensions and Investments. We also provide a broader advisory service relating to all aspects of your financial plans. We provide our services from the selection of products provided by the Companies we have agencies with. We recommend the product that, in our professional opinion, is best suited to you. In providing this service to you we will need to obtain personal information from you the following outlines how we deal with this information and how it is used.
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
• Timothy O’Callaghan
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we gather, use, process and disclose any Personal Data we collect about you, or that you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice applies to you, whether you are a current, past or prospective customer. It also applies to third parties whose data you provide to us in connection with our relationship with you (for example, the names of relatives). Please ensure that you provide a copy of this Privacy Notice to any third parties whose personal data you provide to us.
Who controls your Personal Data and how can you contact them?
Pegasus Financial Consultancy controls your Personal Data to allow us to give you advice and recommendations on your financial affairs, your data is then passed on to the relevant company/companies we have agencies with by way of application forms, by post email or through their secure websites online.
Why does Pegasus Financial Consultancy need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to give you a recommendation and information on financial products, we need to collect and process personal information about you. If you do not provide the information we need, we may not be able to offer you advice or provide our services to you.
Data we may collect about You
The types of personal data that are processed may include:
• Individual details – Name, address (including proof of address), other contact details (e.g. email and telephone numbers), gender, marital status, date and place of birth, children’s ages nationality, employer, job title and employment history, and family details, including their relationship to you
• Financial detail – full details on any debts, loans assets you may own
• Identification details – Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies, including your PPS Number, passport number, tax identification number
• Pension assets as well as any other relevant investment strategies
Where we may Collect your Personal Data from
We may collect your personal data from various sources, including;
You, Your employer or representative, any Life Companies, any other records you have or had any other contracts of insurance with or sought a quote from us on (otherwise we will need a letter of authorisation from you to allow us contact other companies on your behalf), when you visit our website and input a request for us to contact you. We may also collect information from letters of authority provided to us on your behalf from relevant institutions.
Which of the above sources apply will depend on your particular circumstances and the product or service you are interested in or your enquiry relates to.
How will we use the data we collect?
Pegasus Financial Consultancy will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Pegasus Financial Consultancy is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Pegasus Financial Consultancy contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. Dependent on your financial planning needs, we may contact you on a yearly basis, if we believe it is necessary to inform you of any changes that may affect your financial position.
Why are we processing your Information?
Our reasons for processing your personal data are as follows:
1. The use is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract (such as providing a recommendation) 2. The use is necessary to comply with our legal obligations 3. You have consented to us using your information in such a way 4. The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests 5. The use is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, such as assisting a regulatory authority’s investigation of a criminal offence
1. The use is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract (such as providing a recommendation)
2. The use is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
3. You have consented to us using your information in such a way
4. The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests
5. The use is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, such as assisting a regulatory authority’s investigation of a criminal offence
The purpose of processing your information is:
• To give you information on and provide you with recommended financial products • Disclose data to policyholder, life assured, beneficiary, trustee, assignee, successors, group company or to other parties • To comply with legal and regulatory requirements including Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions compliance • To understand how people interact with our websites (if applicable) • To carry out and determine the effectiveness of advertising, and of marketing campaigns
• To give you information on and provide you with recommended financial products
• Disclose data to policyholder, life assured, beneficiary, trustee, assignee, successors, group company or to other parties
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements including Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions compliance
• To understand how people interact with our websites (if applicable)
• To carry out and determine the effectiveness of advertising, and of marketing campaigns
We will also process data without consent in order to fulfil contractual obligations such as bank details to process an application, postal address in order to supply services, etc..
Who we share your Information with
In order to provide our services and to comply with legal obligations imposed on us, we may share your information with:-
• Legal, financial, investment, medical, & other professional advisors in the process of submitting your application on the various
• Companies we may outsource our printing and posting to
• Businesses that refer your business to us
• Any business which we are required by law to share the information with, ie compliance resource companies
• Database provider all data encrypted
• The Pensions Authority
• Stockbrokers we have agencies with
• Insurance and Assurance companies we have agencies with
• Investment Companies we have agencies with
• An Garda Síochána.( Anti Money Laundering)
• Central Bank of Ireland. We are authorised by Central Bank and they have the right to inspect our files
• The Financial Services Ombudsman. In the event of a complaint
• Data Protection Commissioner
• The Revenue Commissioners. Re pensions and Dirt tax
How long do we keep your Information?
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Pegasus Financial Consultancy will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body (Central Bank of Ireland) and our internal governance.
Your Rights to Access, Transport, Correct, Delete and Restrict the use of your Personal Data.
You have the right to access a copy of your Personal Data which which we hold on you. In the case of Personal Data you provided to us to process on the basis of your consent or for automated processing, you have the right to have it provided in a commonly used electronic format to you or to another Data Controller (subject to applicable Data Protection Law). If you would like a copy of your Personal Data, please contact us. Your request will be dealt with as quickly as possible. There is no charge for the request for your data but it must be in writing.
Correcting your Personal Data
You have the right to have your Personal Data corrected if you feel we have incorrect data held on you.
Deleting your Personal Data
Subject to any overriding legal obligation requiring us to retain it, you have the right to have your Personal Data deleted, however erasing your information may make it difficult or impossible for us to give you information on, provide you with, or administer our financial products. If you want your information deleted please contact us.
Restricting our use of your Personal Data
You have the right to restrict our use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. If you wish to exercise your rights in this regard please contact us.
Automated/Profiling Decision Making
Where we use automated decision-making you will always be informed & you will be entitled to have a person review the decision so that you can contest it and put your point of view and circumstances forward. E.g. When we produce risk profiles; When we want to market to you we may run a program which allows us identify certain criteria of clients (all those with that fit within a certain criteria for example).
Your Right to Object and Withdraw your Consent to Data Processing
Where our lawful basis for processing your Personal Data is based on our legitimate interests, you have the right to object. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing at any time. However if we cannot process your data it may make it difficult, impossible or unlawful for us to give you information on, provide you with, advice on financial products. If you want to object or withdraw your Consent to processing please contact us by email or through the Contact form on our website.
Your Right to Make a Complaint
If you are dissatisfied about the way we handle your Personal Data please contact us. We will do our best to address your concerns swiftly and resolve any issues you have. You have the right to complain to the Office of The Data Protection Commission.
All security on our systems is treated seriously. Where applicable, we undertake security steps on our back-end systems that store customer account information and to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
Where external systems are used by our organisation, we endeavour to ensure that these do not store any personal information relating to you, or alternatively that this information is stored in a secure manner and is GDPR compliant.
If you have any further concerns about security, please contact us via email or through the Contact form on our website.